MOUNTAIN LAKES HIGH SCHOOL
AFG Student Performance Objectives
RAISING GLOBAL AWARENESS AND SENSITIVITY TO DIVERSITY
Objective: By 2015, the students of MLHS will demonstrate greater global awareness and understanding through increased cultural literacy and service to others, with sensitivity to individuals and groups who are different from themselves as measured by the following:
• The percent of 12th graders participating in at least one voluntary community service project or service learning opportunity will increase by 14 percentage points. Baseline: 2006-2007, 21% of 12th graders participated in at least one voluntary community service project or service learning opportunity.
• The percent of all MLHS students participating in Key Club will increase by 25 percentage points. Baseline: 2006-2007, 8% of all MLHS students participated in Key Club.
• The average score on the MLHS 12th Grade Survey of Sensitivity to Diversity will increase by 10 percentage points for females and 10 percentage points for males. Baseline: 2007-2008, average score for females=73%; average score for males=70%.
DEVELOPING CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Objective: By 2015, the students of MLHS will demonstrate greater strength and self-reliance in their problem-solving, reasoning, and critical thinking skills as measured by:
• The percent of students’ grades of 80% or higher on teacher-constructed test items or activities that require a response reflective of thinking beyond the “knowledge” or “comprehension” levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy will increase by 5 percentage points at each grade level. Baseline 2007-2008:
o 35% of 9th grade students’ grades=80% or higher
o 53% of 10th grade students’ grades=80% or higher
o 62% of 11th grade students’ grades=80% or higher
o 52% of 12th grade students’ grades=80% or higher
• The percent of students scoring at the “Advanced Proficient” level on the Language Arts Literacy and Mathematics sections of the NJ State High School Proficiency Assessment will increase by 5 percentage points in Language Arts Literacy and 5 percentage points in Mathematics. Baseline Years (averaged): 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2006-2007:
o 47 percent of students scored at the “Advanced Proficient” level in Language Arts Literacy.
o 51 percent of students scored at the “Advanced Proficient” level in Mathematics.