Welcome to the Mountain Lakes Business Office
Dan Borgo, Business Administrator
Some of what we do in the Business Office:
- The Business Office is responsible for the development, preparation, and management of our district’s $35 million dollar budget.
- Oversee district-wide payroll and accounting operations and ensures that the district is compliant with all state and federal reporting requirements.
- Transportation, Food Services and Facilities are also functions performed in the Business Office.
- The caretaker for all district records and is principally responsible for preparing board agendas and keeping accurate record of board actions.
- Managing the district’s risk insurance program including property, liability, and auto coverage.
- The Business Office is responsible for the procurement of all goods and services and ensures that all purchasing is consistent with law, code and regulation.
- The Business Office maintains accurate and complete records pursuant to generally accepted accounting principals, and annually hires an independent accounting firm to review and prepare a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report. This report is reviewed annually by the board and is filed with the Department of Education.