As as a school neuropsychologist, Dr. Robert De Muth’s role is to assist children to succeed academically, physically, emotionally, and socially. Part of his role as the neuropsychologist is to help children, parents and teachers understand and resolve developmental concerns. Dr. De Muth collaborates with educators, parents, and members of the Child Study Team to ensure that a comprehensive approach is utilized when working with all children. His role in the Mountain Lakes School District includes:
Collaborate with teachers, parents, administrators, and the community
Provide an understanding of child development
Strengthen relationships between teachers and parents
- Consult with community health professionals
- Evaluate eligibility for special education and related services
Assess cognitive skills, intellectual ability and learning profiles
Examine emotional development and mental health status
Evaluate learning environments
Transition testing of 7th grade special education students
Transition interview of 8th grade special education students
Cognitive Assessment for college planning
Dr. De Muth is also a member of the Intervention and Referral Services Team.
- Promote tolerance and understanding of diversity within the school community.
- Collaborate with school staff to improve academic, emotional and physical health.
- Develop partnerships with teachers to promote healthy school environments.
- Attend weekly instructional team meetings
© Mountain Lakes Board of Education, February 7, 2012