Providing Intervention Services for Every Child, Pre-School through High SchoolOur Goal
The Communication Department at Lake Drive School has three central purposes:
- To guide each child to develop effective communication skills.
- To support the development of English language learning as the central tool for the development of literacy.
- To provide direct intervention in order to build the foundation for academic achievement.
Our ProgramSpeech, language and listening intervention provided regularly for every student.
- Individual or small group instruction based on each student's IEP.
- Development of residual hearing
- Receptive and expressive language development
- Facilitate phonological/phonemic awareness and development
- Oral-motor development
- Development of oral speech production
- Development of cognitive/linguistic processes
Social Language Skills
Communication Skills lessons addressing:
- Self expression
- Interpersonal relationships
- Conflict resolution
- Highly trained, licensed and clinically certified speech/language specialists
- Specialized training in hearing loss
- Listening and Spoken Language
- Total Communication
- We have one full time and one part time certified Listening and Spoken Language Specialists (LSLS) on staff
- We have two full time staff members with First Years Certification of Completion in Listening and Spoken Language
- We have two full time staff members trained in Orton-Gillingham Instruction
- Training in Auditory Verbal therapy strategies and techniques
- Training in PROMPT technique
- Training in Cued Speech
- Skilled in Apraxia Intervention
Collaborative Intervention Model
- Classroom teachers
- Physical therapists
- Mental health staff
- Occupational therapists
- Social workers